Energy Saving Tips
Making simple changes can boost your home’s value. To make your home more energy efficient:
1. Lower the thermostat on your water heater.
2. Check for air leaking around doors.
3. Close the air vents in rooms not in use.
4. Keep heat producers far from your thermostat in summer.
5. Clean your furnace and air conditioner filters.
6. Operate large appliances during low-use periods in summer.
7. Request an energy audit.
8. Replace deficient insulation and inefficient appliances.
9. Buy fluorescent light bulbs.
10. Look into EEM Mortgages (for benefits when purchasing a home that is energy efficient or can be made efficient by incorporating energy-saving improvements; for more info, contact the US Dept. of Housing and Urban Development).
11. Replace your windows with Energy Efficient Windows.
12. Replace your Air Conditioner to a higher seer for energy efficiency.
13. Upgrade your Refrigerator and or Freezer. Some of the older models are less efficient energy wise
One thing I do personally is turn my A/C up to 77 during the day. Some people have thermostats that have automatic settings and those are great to conserve energy during those hotter months during the year.
If you are looking to purchase a home, don't hesitate to give us a call. Most Newer Construction Homes for Sale in Corpus Christi Texas are built to a Green Energy Program for Energy Efficiency. The way these homes are built make such a difference in your utility bills.
Selling North Padre Island and all of the Coastal Bend Corpus Christi Texas Since July 2003. Call us Today Brenda J. Andrew Realtor Ultima Real Estate 361-688-7064, or James Andrew Realtor Ultima Real Estate 361-249-2876.